MP3 Stream Information
The stereo MP3 streams are are encoded using software provided by ShoutCast. We recommend Winamp for listening to these streams on a PC, or iTunes for listening to it on a Mac. Both players are free, and iTunes is available for both PCs and Macs. RealPlayer and Windows Media Player will also play the MP3 stream, but may require some additional downloads and/or configuration.
When you connect, make sure to save the stream as a favorite or as a bookmark to make it easier to connect the next time you want to listen to Radio K.
These are the URLs for the MP3 streams:
- 128k: http://radiokstreams.cce.umn.edu:8128/listen.pls
- 256k: http://radiokstreams.cce.umn.edu:8256/listen.pls
If you have read all the above information and are still having problems, send a report to radiok(at)umn.edu with the following information and we'll respond as soon as we can.
- What, specifically, isn't working
- The stream you are trying to listen to
- Whether or not you have listened successfully before
- Your internet connection type (dial-up, DSL, cable, campus LAN, etc.)
- The operating system of your computer